Reignite your sense of purpose and inspire innovation by developing a stakeholder approach to leadership.
- Bring diverse teams together by aligning values with organizational goals.
- Develop a leadership style personalized to your own strengths and values.
- Engage your organization's stakeholders — employees, suppliers, customers, communities, etc. — setting the right goals, making collaborative decisions and creating an environment that honors your shared sense of purpose.
Cultivate your ideal habits, principles and strengths as a leader
- Participate in theater-based exercises, real-world workshops and executive coaching to discover hidden facets of your potential.
- Embrace listening as a key leadership skill and practice offering constructive feedback.
- Brainstorm custom solutions to potential challenges and organizational roadblocks in your pursuit of purpose driven leadership.
Advanced preparation includes case study and book excerpt readings. The selected case studies and books will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Outcomes & Impact
- Align your long-term vision with your organization's needs and win support for your development from supervisors and stakeholders.
- Get the best results out of your team by inspiring the confidence and creativity that already exists within them.
- Maintain your focus on future goals, despite daily urgencies and immediate tasks.
- Allocate your attention and energy so you can accomplish what needs to be done, while inspiring and encouraging others.
The Purpose Driven Leadership program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Leadership . Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for cross-functional managers, team leaders and high-potential individuals preparing for promotions, particularly those who want to encourage independence, innovation and creativity among their direct reports.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 25.0
- Field of Study: Personal Development
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to Darden_ExEd@darden.virginia.edu with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or Darden_ExEd@darden.virginia.edu to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Program materials and some meals are included in your program fee.
Lodging is included with the program fee and will be provided for participants at:
2100 Bond Street
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Hotel accommodations includes breakfast, wifi, and free parking at the hotel.