Ensure sustainable success by leading through your team, supporting their development and engaging with people at a deeper level. In this program, we take a different approach to leadership, one which puts the idea of the leader as servant as central, and see how this enables you to grow as a leader and create better results for your organization.
This unique program features diagnostic assessments, coaching sessions and leadership reflections.
Refine your natural management inclinations with individual coaching and discover how empathy, communication and encouragement can drive your team in extraordinary new directions.
- Learn what it means to practice leadership as a servant and the power it creates within organizations
- Become more aware of your leadership skills, how you affect others and complete diagnostics that help you better understand your impact as a leader
- Understand how servant leadership can be adapted to different organizational settings and contexts to see how it can drive improved results
- Deepen your knowledge of human behavior, including our capacity to bring out the best in people as well as our darker side, and how you can lead more responsibly
- Expand your capacity to think creatively and develop new insights essential for navigating through challenging times
Advanced preparation includes case study and book excerpt readings. The selected case studies and books will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Impact & Outcomes
- Cultivate an environment of transparency around organizational strategy and performance to encourage support for and dedication to organizational goals
- Develop your best ideas with collaborative input and without undue attachment to their execution
- Move beyond compensatory standards of risk and reward by cultivating an atmosphere of support and respect
- Lead your team through stressful projects while remaining thoughtful, empathetic and inclusive
- Let go of control and allow others to do their jobs more effectively and happily
This program counts as one program toward a noncredit Darden Certificate in Leadership & Management. Complete this program and three additional programs within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
This program is designed for leaders and practicing senior managers who translate corporate strategy into operational performance among private and public companies, not-for-profits, NGOs and educational and health systems.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Ruffin Professor of Business Administration, Director, Olsson Center for Applied Ethics; Director, Doctoral Program
Isidore Horween Research Professor of Business Administration, Associate Dean for Washington, D.C., Area Initiatives and Academic Director of Public Policy and Entrepreneurship, Dean and CEO of UVA | Northern Virginia
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 32.0
- Field of Study: Personal Development
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to Darden_ExEd@darden.virginia.edu with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or Darden_ExEd@darden.virginia.edu to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd.
Materials and some meals are also included in your program fee.
Lodging will be provided for participants at:
2100 Bond Street
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Hotel accommodations includes breakfast, wifi, and free parking at the hotel.