Discover solutions to traditional and emerging challenges unique to aviation, strategies to execute long-lasting growth and evolution in your business and the qualities that set powerful leaders apart.
- Manage changing international regulations, safety concerns and expanding operations.
- Facilitate communication between aviation experts, management and the teams that support them.
- Design effective, flexible organizational structures for your flight department.
As part of Darden's trio of aviation-centered programs, this course provides corporate aviation leaders like you invaluable opportunities to:
- Study success stories from your field to discover real-life solutions to industry challenges and the principles of powerful leadership.
- Analyze and improve operational systems and cross-functional performance.
- Develop your customized growth plan to advance your career as you steer a more adept and profitable business.
National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) members receive 10% program discount.
There are no prerequisites for participation. Advanced preparation includes:
- Pre-reading Case Studies
- LPI Survey
The selected case studies, assessments, and exercises will be sent prior to the program for all participants to read and prepare for discussion on the first day of the course.
Outcomes & Impact
- Integrate your aviation-specific development strategy with corporate objectives and long-term goals.
- Employ leadership best practices for more efficient and profitable operations.
- Settle cross-functional conflict and move disparate groups toward a shared vision.
- Inspire and encourage growth among members of your organization's flight department.
Complete this program to earn one credit toward a Certificate in Management. Earn three additional credits in a four-year period to receive your certificate.
Completion of the program also provides a way for participants to earn initial or recertification Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) credit.
This program is designed for chief pilots and executives with aviation department responsibilities who want to maximize their impact across their organizations. It is especially helpful for leaders who want to grow beyond "one-size-fits-all" management and develop the competitive insights and habits to flourish in their industry.
In order to be awarded full credit hours, you must be present for the entirety of the program.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Sponsorship
UVA Darden Executive Education offers continuing education credits as part of our commitment to encourage lifelong learning.
- Instructional Delivery: Group Live
- CPE Credits: 18.0
- Field of Study: Personal Development
- Program Level: Beginner
Refund/Cancelation/Concern Resolution Policy:
All cancellations and transfers must be received in writing. Submit your request via email to Darden_ExEd@darden.virginia.edu with the name of the program, followed by "cancellation" or "transfer" in the subject line. Cancellation or transfer fees may apply. Visit our Registration & FAQ page for full details on transfers and cancellations.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, please contact us at 1-434-924-3000 or Darden_ExEd@darden.virginia.edu to resolve your issue.
UVA Darden School Foundation - Executive Education is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
Darden School of Business
100 Darden Blvd
Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
As a participant in this program, materials and some meals are included in your program fee.
Lodging is included with the program fee and will be provided for participants at:
2100 Bond Street
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Hotel accommodations includes breakfast, wifi, and free parking at the hotel.