Whether your organization is adapting to a new virtual work environment, or has remote teams collaborating around the world, the need has never been greater for leaders who can effectively engage with their teams and bring out the best in their people from a distance. In this new virtual program, you’ll learn how to leverage technology to develop the behaviors required in your team to pivot to address dynamic market demands, effect meaningful change across stakeholder groups, and develop new ways to connect virtually to build camaraderie and trust.
This virtually-hosted program will feature live sessions with faculty on Mondays & Wednesdays from 1-2:15pm EDT.
This program counts towards the Specialization in Future-Ready Leadership.
Led by Professor Lynn Isabella, an expert in leadership, coaching, and team engagement, Leading Virtual Teams Through Disruption will explore the emotional and productivity challenges of working virtually, how you can increase team resilience during challenging times, how to manage differences and conflict, and how you can use technology to your advantage to help your team stay connected and informed, so that everyone still feels they are a valued contributor to the team and organization. You’ll have an opportunity to put your insights into practice while interacting virtually with your cohort and with your own team, getting real-time feedback on your challenges and progress.
- Fostering high-performance virtual teams
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Exploring differences and managing conflict
- Addressing emotional and social needs
- Benefits and challenges of technology in team productivity
This program features 2-3 live virtual sessions per week, with additional online work and exercises.
Impact & Outcomes
- Foster a positive virtual environment to encourage engagement
- Leverage technology to improve flow of communication and increase efficiency
- Understand cultural and ideological differences between team members and how to ensure everyone has a voice
- Understand the emotional state of your team and address concerns with care and authenticity
- Create opportunities to socialize outside of work-related conversations, building rapport and trust
This program is designed for:
- Executives and leaders responsible for managing change or organization-wide performance.
- Mid-to-senior level project, unit or division managers.
- Any manager or leader who leads a remote team.
This program counts as one credit toward a Darden Certificate in Leadership. Complete this program and earn three additional credits for a total of four credits within a four-year period to earn your certificate.
The program is conducted entirely online through live Zoom sessions and on-demand assignments and exercises.